Are you a business graduate with fluency in German and English with a minimum of 2 years experience in Procurement/Buying? If yes, please keep reading!
Based within reach of the Lake District in Lancashire, a global manufacturer with operations in 28 countries, employing some 27,000 people worldwide is looking to appoint a Buyer and a senior Buyer with fluency in German. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and will be fluent in German and English. In addition, you will have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Roll out, manage and maintain category strategies to ensure regions are fully aligned, following and consequently delivering the correct results
* Supplier selection, total cost analysis and conduct negotiations directly with suppliers in order to deliver cost savings and support the requirements of the business
* Creation and implementation of professional supply contracts, optimising price, payment terms, working capital, warranty, supply-chain and legal compliance aspects.
* Manage, monitor and report supplier performance to ensure required standards and terms are always maintained. Where necessary resolve quality and delivery problems in a timely fashion to avoid any disruption to the plants. Issue quality and delivery incident notifications to suppliers and support the negotiations to recover any consequential losses incurred
* Maintain data integrity within SAP, CIP, ARIBA, PPV and other Group reporting systems
* Work closely with and support Category Managers, Category Specialists and Senior Buyers by providing market analysis, gathering internal data, and reporting supplier and / or business feedback to implemented or proposed strategies
* Identify materials that can be added to catalogues in order to optimise the sourcing process
* Assist with timely and cost effective delivery of materials
More responsibilities and a minimum of 5 years experience is required for the Senior Buyer role. Also, communication and interpersonal skills are essential as direct negotiations and sourcing will be a significant part of this role. Time Management and good organisational skills will be required in order to be able to manage the high volume of activity required within this role.
If you feel this is the role you have been looking for and meet the above requirements please send your CV to the email provided. Important note: due to the rural location only car owners can be considered. Please note that we can only consider applicants who already hold a full UK work permit.
Euro London Appointments, the UK's largest independent language consultancy, is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. We aim to respond as promptly as possible to your application, however, due to the high level of CVs we receive we are only able to respond to applicants whose profile matches our client's requirements. To enquire about other vacancies please visit our website at www.eurolondon.com