Are you fluent in both German and English? Are you an experienced translator looking to move to an LSP where YOUR work will truly make an impact? Do you want to work with a collaborative team who pride themselves on quality over quantity? Then read on:
My client is a boutique, certified translation agency headquartered in central London. With a consistent satisfaction rate of over 90% from their clients, they stand out as a company who are passionate about translation, and who care deeply about maintaining a high standard by delivering a flawless end product.
They are looking for a translator to join either the Sheffield or London teams, and the ideal candidate will thrive in a team-based environment. The role requires you to translate English content into German, or to proofread and assess the quality of ENG>GER translations produced by the team. No two days are the same given the varied client base - encompassing everything from corporate to creative.
Skills & experience required:
- Fluent German to mother tongue standard
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Additional fluency in another foreign language preferred but not essential
- Master's degree in Translation or equivalent
- Experience of working closely with a team of translators, but also working independently
- Industry experience: either in-house or agency side
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to think on your feet, prioritise important tasks and to multi-task
- Daily translation output of up to 3000 words per day
- Capability of adhering to in house style guides
- Daily utilisation of translation memory software- MemoQ is preferred but not essential
- Maintaining and contributing to glossaries and term bases
- Research to achieve specific tone for each project
This is an exciting permanent opportunity beginning immediately. If you are currently available and have the required skillset please send your CV in word format.
Thank you for your interest in Euro London Appointments. Please be advised CV's will be treated in the strictest of confidence and that your application will not be forwarded without your permission. We aim to respond promptly to your application however, due to the high level of CV's we receive we are only able to respond to applicants whose profile matches our Clients requirements. For more jobs please visit our website at www.eurolondon.com.